Coming soon… Our latest offer!
¡Good morning & buenos días bambolangueros! It’s been a while since we wrote in the blog, but it’s about time that that changed! So, here at bambolango, we’ve decided to start posting articles a little more frequently in the hope that we can offer extra help and share more about the bambolango family.
That said, today’s article is a little different. Instead of writing about another chapter of our multilingual life, we’d like to introduce our latest offer…
One theme per month, one offer per week
For some time now we’ve been contemplating launching a new offer. We’ve received numerous requests and lots of feedback from you, the bambolangueros, which have led us to formulate our latest initiative. Its main objective is to offer a little extra help, both to new families who are only just discovering bambolango, and to the families who have followed us for some time. So we hope you find it useful!
With this in mind, we’ve created our new initiative. bambolango will be choosing a topic every month throughout the year, and sharing four themed offers each month (one per week).
What shape will each offer take?
- Word Watch
- What is it? Word Watch is the first of our four offers. Starting in February, we will upload an image related to the chosen topic together with its name in English and Spanish. We will share the image on the first Wednesday of each month in order to ease into the selected topic in a fun and gradual way. We’ll use Facebook and Instagram to publish the images.
- How will it help? Word Watch aims to help you increase your vocabulary related to each topic, in a visual and entertaining way. Thus, it will be easier for you to retain the words shared and to build a richer vocabulary.
- How can you take part? We will invite you to enter your favourite words on the topic in the comments section of each Word Watch that we publish. We’d also love you to share fun facts or “false friends” related to the topic. By participating in Word Watch, you will not only be helping each other, the different members of our multilingual community, but you’ll also be evolving and expanding your knowledge.
And do you know what else? If you comment on the publication in line with what we’ve just explained, we’ll give you a freebie: the Word Watch image of the month, for you to print out and use at home. (And that’s not all – we’ll tell you more soon, keep reading…)
In addition, it would be great if you share our Word Watch posts on your social media profiles. It will help us to reach more multilingual families, maximising the number of comments each topic will receive, thus increasing the number of new words we can all learn.
- What is it? The blog is a great way to share situations we’ve experienced, anecdotes, opinions, and news from the immediate and extended bambolango We want to accompany you on your multi and bilingual adventures by sharing our own experiences and advice. We aim to publish an entry every second Wednesday of each month on our website www.bambolango.com/en/blog/.
- How will it help? As part of our new offer, we want the blog to encourage you to delve a little deeper into the chosen topic. We will comment on real life situations from the bambolango We’ll offer advice or ideas for resources and activities that will help you take your little ones’ language acquisition to another level at home.
- How can you take part? Feedback! Please share your opinions and thoughts on each article in the blog with us. Feel free to write a comment on the blog, or to send us an email with any ideas or questions you may have.
- What is it? #WednesdayWonders is our third offer, to be published every third Wednesday of the month. Here, we’ll share our “top 3” book, game or activity recommendations related to each topic. In order for you to be able to find our recommendations easily, we’ll use the hashtags #WednesdayWonders, #top3 and #bambolango in our posts on Facebook and Instagram. And we’ll also upload a reminder the day before each #WednesdayWonders so that you don’t miss out!
- How will it help? Who doesn’t like to receive good recommendations? The aim of #WednesdayWonders is that our recommendations give you more ideas to help you focus on the topic at home, inspiring you to have fun with your family in English. Because the more resources we have, the more we can entertain ourselves in English.
- How can you take part? Every third Wednesday of the month we also want you to share your top 3 recommendations related to the selected topic. All you have to do is to publish your recommendations using the hashtags #WednesdayWonders, #top3 and #bambolango and comment on our original post, telling us that you’ve shared them.
And… if you share your recommendations and comment on our post as we explained above, we’ll send you another freebie! You’ll receive a second image related to the theme of the month so that you can print it out and use it at home. (But wait, there’s more – we’ll tell you about it in a moment…)
In addition to everything we’ve discussed so far, we want to stress how much more beneficial our offers will be if you become an active part of our multilingual community! If each and every one of us contributes just a little, sharing ideas, opinions, recommendations and so on, it will make it so much easier for others to do the same. So whether you’re monolingual, bilingual, multilingual or raising your little ones in a language that isn’t your mother tongue, don’t hesitate to reach out, create bonds and encourage each other to raise your children in different languages. So, if you share our #WednesdayWonders recommendations in your social network profiles we can reach more and more families, increasing the overall number of recommendations and ideas.
- ask & consulta
- What is it? “ask & consulta” is a live round of questions and answers, carried out on the last Wednesday of each month via Facebook. The idea is to spend some time answering your questions and doubts in relation to English vocabulary and pronunciation. We also discuss typical phrases and words that we think will be useful for you. In order to watch us live, all you have to do is be on Facebook at the relevant time and click on our profile page. That said, we also save the video to our profile so that you can see it later if you are not free when we’re live.
- How will it help? The main objective of “ask & consulta” is to build a platform through which you can consult us on your doubts, concerns and specific questions about vocabulary and pronunciation related to the chosen topic. We want “ask & consulta” to stimulate debate and reflection and offer clarifications.
Additionally, we want “ask & consulta” to continue generating a sense of community among the families who raise their little ones in different languages, creating a space where you can find more answers and support.
- How can you take part? To get the most out of “ask & consulta”, please ask us questions relating to the chosen subject so that we can answer them live. You can comment on the relevant publication on our social media profiles. Alternatively, if you want your question to be anonymous, you can send us an email with questions to email@example.com.
Well, actually, yes there’s more! We’d like to propose a challenge…
We want you to get even more out of the images you’ll receive from participating in Word Watch and #WednesdayWonders. So, we thought you could use them to create a “scrapbook” with your little ones. Just one or two pages per topic would be ideal. This will allow you to spend quality time together looking for images, gluing cut outs, decorating the pages with stickers, etc.. And the whole time, you’ll be practicing your selected language and topic-related vocabulary.
But wait, our offer doesn’t end there!
At the end of the year we’ll ask to see your scrapbooks. The first 10 people to send us their scrapbook photos, with all the months completed, will receive a prize. They will be able to choose between a bambolango book, or a bambolango memory game, or a pack of bambolango flashcards or a 30-minute session of “online Spanish for parents” conversation classes by bambolango (subject to availability).*
We know we’ve shared a lot of information, so here’s a summary of our offer…
- Our offer starts in February 2019.
- We will choose one theme per month.
- We’ll carry out one activity per week, linked to the topic chosen:
- First Wednesday of the month: Word Watch.
- Second Wednesday of the month: Blog.
- Third Wednesday of the month: #WednesdayWonders.
- Fourth Wednesday of the month: ask & consulta.
- Each activity will require some participation on your part.
- If you participate correctly in Word Watch and #WednesdayWonders we’ll send you an image related to the topic.
- The idea is you create a scrapbook with these images.
- If you have participated every month and are one of the first 10 people to send us pictures of their scrapbook at the end of the year, you will receive a prize.
- The more people that participate, the more fun it will be! So remember to share our offers with your friends and family.
And all that’s left to do is to thank you, dear bambolangueros! If you enjoyed this article, please share it with your friends and loved ones. Because if it’s helped you, it may well help them too!
Written by Deborah Sigler – director of bambolango and bilingual mum to the trilingual “Boos”
* TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This giveaway is not sponsored by or associated in any manner with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter or any other related entity. In order to participate in this competition you must be one of the first 10 people to send bambolango images of their completed scrapbook. You must also be over 18 years of age and resident in the Europe Union (including UK). bambolango and Facebook/Twitter/Instagram are not responsible for the authenticity of the data provided by participants.
bambolango will contact the winners to communicate the results and obtain the necessary information in order to send-out the prizes. This will be done once the first 10 individuals have sent the images of their completed scrapbooks to bambolango. If bambolango does not receive a response from any one of the winners within 48 hours of making contact, they will lose their right to the prize. Similarly, if any of the winning individuals is a minor or is not resident in the European Union, he/she will lose his/her right to the prize.